Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program
RONALD W. REAGAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
A truly unique scholarship opportunity, the Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program was founded by President Reagan during his first term in office. This program is one of the premier educational experiences that any student at Eureka College can have and among the most unique, innovative scholarship programs in the country. Recipients of this scholarship practice and exemplify Eureka College’s core values and commitment to learn, serve, and lead.
Reagan Fellows receive:
- A four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Eureka College.
- Stipends to cover the program’s special travel and mentoring opportunities.
- Two on-site mentorships with prominent leaders. Past sites include: Switzerland, Australia, Mexico, Boston, London, Hawaii, Israel and Zimbabwe
First-year Fellows travel on fellow-only trips to domestic and international destinations. Fellows must live on campus, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and display attributes of leadership, service and active citizenship. Up to four Reagan Fellows are accepted annually and are expected to participate fully in all program activities.
Up to four Reagan Fellows are named each year, chosen for their leadership accomplishments and potential, scholarly abilities, and commitment to service. Semifinalists are invited to campus for one of two in-person competition events that become a central factor in the selection process. Notification of scholarship winners is made four weeks following the on-campus event that the semi-finalist attends.
We will begin accepting applications for the Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program on August 26. Applications should be submitted to the Eureka College Admissions Office by October 22 for the November 15 & 16 event. Applications should be submitted to the Eureka College Admissions Office by January 13 for the February 15 event.
- Open to incoming freshmen only
- Must submit an Application for Admission and be admitted to Eureka College
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale*
- Complete the two one-page essays (prompts provided in the online application)
- Request and submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from an individual that can attest to your leadership ability
Unfortunately, Eureka College cannot accommodate everyone and entrance is limited. Applicants meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply early.
To be considered as a scholarship recipient, semi-finalist must attend the on-campus competition in February.
Are you a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination? If so, you might want to look at our Disciples Leadership Program. Click Here for more information.
Complete the application for the Ronald Reagan Leadership Program below. We will begin reviewing applications on October 23 for the November 15 & 16 event, then reviewing applications beginning January 11 for the February 15 event. Application materials should be submitted online to the Eureka College Admissions Office.